Choosing between private and public schools seems an endless debate. It did not start yesterday, neither is it expected to end tomorrow. That?s because no option comes out pure enough to be accepted by all parents. Either option presents its advantages as well as drawbacks. Even then, picking which one is the best tends to be a hard choice. The fact that both types of schools have students in them shows you how the landscape is. You can only make the right decision after you consider your needs. An overview of what to expect in both schools will perhaps tell you which one suits you. Click here for more info on
There are various emotive reasons why parents may consider private schools over the public counterparts. There is a whole set of reasons including;
- Anti-bullying ? private schools tend to have sets of rules and values. They have a reputation to protect and hence will do anything possible to prevent bullying. With bullying combated, even starter kids will feel more secure and focus more on education.
- Religion ? people are divided along religious lines. That?s the fact that you can?t rule out. Islam students, for example, need to study together. Not because it is compulsory, but they just feel it?s the right way to go.
- Flexible curriculum ? private schools are free to come up with their curriculum. The good side with these schools is that they always aim higher. Rather
than using an open curriculum, they will add other engaging training sessions for the students to benefit from. Arts, sports, and other values are among the additional subjects in private schools radar.
- Special needs ? public schools may not be able to handle students with special needs with the attention they require. Private schools, however, will do whatever possible to make training as easy as possible even for the disadvantaged. You will need to confirm whether the school you are considering offers such special services.
- Smaller classes ? not everyone is admitted to private school They have to pass the interview and meet their criteria to join the school. Teacher student output is hence enhanced.
- Higher test scores ? it?s just out there in the public domain. Private schools perform better.
Only about 10 % of students attend Express English language school Singapore Others are in public schools although the trend is changing. The reasoning that private schools offer better training may not rule out the need for public schools. Some public schools have proved people wrong outperforming the private schools with a margin. They are also cheaper if not free. Teachers are also certified by the state. However, public schools have their downfalls in general including;
- Larger classes
- Rigid curriculum